- Federal Jobs Blog - http://www.federaljobs.net/blog -

2018 GS Pay Charts – Be the First to Review the New Tables

The President signed an Executive Order to implement the January 2018 pay adjustments and the new pay charts were released this week.  The Executive Order authorized a 1.4 percent across-the-board increase for statutory pay systems and locality pay increases costing approximately 0.5 percent of basic payroll, reflecting an overall average pay increase of 1.9 percent. The actual pay will vary according to which locality pay area he or she is assigned.

[1]

Locality pay adjustments are designed to level the playing field for federal employees working in different major metropolitan areas. The 47 locality area salaries are adjusted by comparing General Schedule and non-Federal pay in each locality pay area, based on salary surveys conducted by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The following 47 locality area charts are now available, click on the one for your area to see the new 2018 federal GS pay charts. You will also find rates for all other groups [2] including, wage grade occupations, special compensation systems, and physician’s comparability allowances.

Locality Pay Chart List

Helpful Career Planning Tools

The information provided may not cover all aspects of unique or special circumstances, federal and postal regulations, and programs are subject to change. Our articles and replies are time sensitive. Over time, various dynamic human resource guidance and factors relied upon as a basis for this article may change. The advice and strategies contained herein may not be suitable for your situation and this service is not affiliated with OPM, the postal service or any federal entity. You should consult with school counselors, hiring agency personnel offices, and human resource professionals where appropriate. Neither the publisher or author shall be liable for any loss or any other commercial damages, including but not limited to special, incidental, consequential, or other damages.

 

Last 5 posts by Dennis Damp

Be Sociable, Share!
  • [20]
  • [21]
  • [22]
  • [23]
  • [24]
[30] [31]