Department of Homeland Security Job Openings
DHS is seeking qualified candidates to fulfill mission-critical job openings within Cyber, Information Technology, and Human Resources. Join them for the DHS Technology Job Fair at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, DC,  on July 27 and 28!
The DHS plans to make hundreds of on-the-spot conditional job offers at the upcoming job fair to fill mission-critical roles across the Department. They are seeking out the best and brightest computer scientists, engineers, analysts, mathematicians, problem solvers, and innovative thinkers.
The DHS offers rewarding work in Cyber, Information Technology, and Human Resources and they need your expertise in Cloud Infrastructure and Services, Agile Development, and Mobile Technologies.
They are hiring for grades GS-09, GS-11, GS-12, GS-13, GS-14, and GS-15. Salaries for these grades in the DC Metro area range from $53,435 to $160,300. Candidates must be U.S. citizens and able to obtain/maintain a Secret up to a Top Secret/SCI security clearance based upon position requirements.
The following announcements are open for this exciting event:
- Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC), GS-2210-09/11. Apply at USAJOBS .
- Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC), GS-2210-12/13/14. Apply at USAJOBS .
- Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC), GS-2210-15. Apply at USAJOBS .
- Management and Program Analyst, GS-0343-12/13/14. Apply at USAJOBS .
- Human Resources Specialist, GS-0201-09/11/12. Apply at USAJOBS .
How to Apply
Attendees of the DHS Technology Job Fair are strongly encouraged to apply for vacancies prior to attending the event.
Fill out an application(s) on USAJOBS. Create or update your personal profile, upload your resume, and apply for one or more of the job announcements through USAJOBS. The online job application deadline is July 29, 2016.
Interview. If you apply by July 20, 2016, and meet the requisite qualifications for the role, you will receive an invitation from DHS for a specific interview slot at the job fair event on July 27-28. The invitation will provide important instructions and requirements for any additional information that should be brought to the interview. If you apply, but are not invited to interview, you are still welcome to attend the event, and your application will be maintained until January 28, 2017. The vacancy announcement will be open through July 29 should you choose to apply after attending the event, but you are not guaranteed the same expedited interview process.
Get hired! If selected, you will receive a conditional job offer on the spot and start your security clearance process the same day!
Helpful Career Planning Tools
- Applying For Federal Jobs 
- Civil Service Exams 
- Law Enforcement Jobs 
- Overseas Jobs 
- Interview Preparation 
- Veteran’s Preference 
Visit our other informative site
- http://FederalJobs.net  (Explore occupations, find jobs and application guidance)
- http://federalretirement.net  (Retirement & other federal employee benefits)
- http://www.FedCareerInfo.com  (Federal Employee’s Career Development Planning)
- http://PostalWork.net  (Postal occupations and exams)
- http://www.SearchFedJobs.com (Consolidated job search)
The information provided may not cover all aspects of unique or special circumstances, federal and postal regulations, and programs are subject to change. Our articles and replies are time sensitive. Over time, various dynamic human resource guidance and factors relied upon as a basis for this article may change. The advice and strategies contained herein may not be suitable for your situation and this service is not affiliated with OPM, the postal service or any federal entity. You should consult with school counselors, hiring agency personnel offices, and human resource professionals where appropriate. Neither the publisher or author shall be liable for any loss or any other commercial damages, including but not limited to special, incidental, consequential, or other damages.
Last 5 posts by Dennis Damp
- Presidential Management Fellows (PMF) Program 2022  - September 22nd, 2021
- Compliance Inspection and Support Careers  - August 20th, 2021
- Clerk & Assistant Jobs in the GS-0303 Occupational Series  - July 2nd, 2021
- Equal Opportunity Compliance jobs in the GS-0360 occupational series  - June 19th, 2021
- Management and Program Analyst Specialist - Featured Occupation  - May 10th, 2021