Posted on Sunday, 15th April 2018 by Donna Day

The Office of Management and Budget is focusing on a new way to reward and retain high performers. These government employees will likely benefit from this new structure as it seeks to replace older, more inefficient processes and focus on new initiatives. Essential skills, high performance and targeted pay incentives are the baseline for this […]

Tags: , ,
Posted in

| Comments (0)

Posted on Sunday, 8th April 2018 by Betty Boyd

The federal government employs 1,325 materials engineers. The Departments of the Army, Navy, and Air force employ 825 civilians followed by NASA with 284, and the DOD with 90. The Department of Commerce employs 80 and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission employs 56. A few other cabinet level agencies employ small numbers for this occupation. This […]

Tags: , ,
Posted in

| Comments (0)

Posted on Sunday, 25th March 2018 by Donna Day

Federal Agencies are seeking ways to become more streamlined, efficient and effective in our new era of cyber-security. Given this, jobs are being reconstructed to satisfy the need for technology, innovation, automation and security, just to name a few key areas. The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) is offering assistance as part of this preparation with training, education […]

Tags: , ,
Posted in

| Comments (0)

Posted on Saturday, 24th February 2018 by Betty Boyd

The federal government employs 3,837 public health program specialists of which 216 work overseas. The Department of Homeland Security is the largest employer with 3,591 followed by the Agency for International Development with 271. Public health analysts may specialize in Federal public health programs, but do not usually represent those programs in dealings with non-Federal […]

Posted in

| Comments (0)

Posted on Saturday, 10th February 2018 by John Weiss

COBRA. Medical. Dental. Home. Automobile. Life. Long Term Disability. While insurance matters are important for all workers, they are critical for mid-career workers who have been fired or laid off. All let go workers must address insurance maters as soon as practicable. Life goes on after you lose your job, and so do the risks […]

Posted in

| Comments (0)

Posted on Wednesday, 7th February 2018 by Donna Day

When Congress can’t agree on a budget, government shutdowns are likely to occur. So what does a shutdown mean for many of us – social security checks (thankfully) are not impacted and our military folks and troops will remain at their posts. Additionally, the medical industry – doctors, nurses and hospitals will continue to receive […]

Posted in

| Comments (0)

Posted on Friday, 19th January 2018 by Betty Boyd

Working as a Financial Manager (GS-0510) with the Federal Government The federal government employs 13,078 in this occupation of which 79 work overseas. The DOD is the largest employer of this series with 2,409 accountants, the VA employs 775 and the  Department of the Army employs 1,067 civilians in this category. This series is used […]

Posted in

| Comments (0)

Posted on Wednesday, 10th January 2018 by Donna Day

Would you like the opportunity to avoid traffic, decrease your commuting costs and work from home? Then perhaps telework is for you!  Telework enables employees, like yourself, to work from home, or at a remote center one or more days per week. You will utilize phones, fax, computers, modems, teleconferencing, emails and more, in order […]

Posted in

| Comments (0)

Posted on Thursday, 28th December 2017 by Dennis Damp

The President signed an Executive Order to implement the January 2018 pay adjustments and the new pay charts were released this week.  The Executive Order authorized a 1.4 percent across-the-board increase for statutory pay systems and locality pay increases costing approximately 0.5 percent of basic payroll, reflecting an overall average pay increase of 1.9 percent. […]

Posted in

| Comments (0)

Posted on Monday, 18th December 2017 by John Weiss

There are times when workers find themselves walking in a dark cloud of anxiety or even depression after being fired or laid off. They look for slivers of daylight but find nothing but more darkness. The universe seems unresponsive. They do not want much, maybe just someone who says, “I understand where you are. Just […]

Posted in

| Comments (0)

Home Blog Intro Job Lists Apply Exams FAQ Terms of Use